Re: Snort and Nessus Signature

From: Marco Ceci (marco.ceci_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/25/05

    Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:41:35 +0200
    To: "cruxiezzzzz@yahoo.com" <cruxiezzzzz@yahoo.com>

    On 16 Sep 2005 06:52:56 -0000, cruxiezzzzz@yahoo.com
    <cruxiezzzzz@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > I am doing some research into integrating Snort and Nessus together.

    Are you aware of
    http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~wkr/projects/ids_alert_verification/ ? Seems
    exactly what you want to do.

    Regards

    --
    Marco Ceci
    Test Your IDS

    • Re: free hIDS, or system assessment tools
      ... Nessus does local checks on boxes with SSH :-) And for windows ... > Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Testing IDS/IPS Solutions
      ... attack detection to reporting, etc. ... you could use nikto and nessus to see how many ... > with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: IDS testing tools
      ... Nessus is a bad choice to test IDS as it is a vulnerability scanner. ... >Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE ... >with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • RE: Pentesting tool - Commercial
      ... Subject: Pentesting tool - Commercial ... Though iam aware of Nessus, Core Impact, Canvas, Backtrack, etc. ... buy it or download a solution FREE today! ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Snort and Nessus Signature
      ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... I am doing some research into integrating Snort and Nessus together. ... bout the way their signatures are stored though. ...
      (Focus-IDS)