RE: Open Source IDS Solution?

From: McKinley, Jackson (Jackson.McKinley_at_team.telstra.com)
Date: 08/26/05

    Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:47:51 +1000
    To: <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>

     Personally I think snort is the best sensor ive seen, add that with the
    speed that. The difference I think is what you do with your alerts
    (Correlation technology).

    There are a number of "Open source" correlation engines out there. One
    that ive always liked was Open Aanval by remote assesment. They have
    started to sell it how but from memory there is still an open source /
    free limited version version. Its called Aaanval or something..
    www.aanval.com