Snortcenter, Prelude-IDS

From: Sven Müller (smueller_at_magellan-net.de)
Date: 08/15/05

    Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:43:56 +0200
    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    Hello!

    I'm planing to set up a new IDS environment. Up to now I always used
    Snortcenter (http://users.pandora.be/larc/index.html) which worked quite
    well for me. But I think the development of this tool stopped because the last
    news entry on the web page is more the 2 years old. Does anyone have
    some information about that?

    However, I just visited the prelude homepage
    (http://www.prelude-ids.org/) and this framework sounds very intersting
    for me. Does anyone has some experinces with Prelude?
    I like Snort very much and Prelude can be connected with Snort, so I
    would have a centralized place for collecting and normalizing events.

    Do you have any experiences with Prelude?

    Mostly I prefer to use FreeBSD do you have any information about this
    combination?

    Thanks for you hints!

    Regards, Sven

    MAGELLAN Netzwerke GmbH
    Dipl.-Ing. (FH)
    Sven Müller
    Network Security Engineer
    Max-Reichpietsch-Straße 2
    51147 Köln
    Tel. :  +49-2203-92263-0
    Fax:    +49-2203-92263-99
    E-Mail: smueller@magellan-net.de
    Web:    http://www.magellan-net.de
    Test Your IDS
    Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    to learn more.