Re: ISS Proventia G100's

From: Avi C (chesla_at_012.net.il)
Date: 08/02/05

    Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 10:15:04 +0200
    To: Joel Esler <eslerj@gmail.com>, Leigh Anderson <landerso@internode.com.au>

    Good signature-based engine with comprehensive attack signature DB but with
    very limited behavioral analysis (statistical analysis) capabilities.

    This means that known exploits will be mitigated thoroughly (good methods
    against evasion techniques) but behavioral-based attacks such as DoS & DDoS
    flood attack and new/unknown worms will not be detected efficiently.

    Avi.