SID HIDS 0.4.2 released

harald_at_deppeler.org
Date: 07/18/05

    Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:33:14 +0200
    To: focus-ids <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>

    Hi,

    SID 0.4.2 has been released.

    This release supports Solaris 8+ (SPARC, i386) and Linux 2.4 and x86
    2.6 kernels.

    SID aims at detecting unwanted PTY action on UNIX systems. SID is a
    kernel-imposed host-based IDS. The kernel part plugs into the terminal
    processing subsystem and logs hashed terminal lines. The user part
    reads these hashes and takes appropriate action upon finding unexpected
    log entries.

    SID 0.4.2 adds privilege dropping to the user part and fixes issues
    with multicharacter input on the Linux 2.6 kernel part.

    SID can be downloaded from http://sid.sourceforge.net

    Please enjoy.

    Regards,
    Harry

    ---
    http://www.deppeler.org
    Test Your IDS
    Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    to learn more.

    • Re: Strange things going on in Sid
      ... unbootable kernel two days ago, and one of the dependencies for the ... headers didn't exist in sid. ... I find that aptitude is useful only in interactive mode. ... and I find Synaptic useful then. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • RE: VMware-4.5 workstation under Debian/testing?
      ... I've run under sid and sarge, ... I've hosted MS-DOS-6.2.2, Debian, ... > package for the kernel you are using. ... Their docs say that the usb device can't be claimed by kernel drivers ...
      (Debian-User)
    • ndiswrapper, wireless driver and 64 bit kernel
      ... I'm running a combination of etch and sid on an HP Pavilion dv8000z that runs the AMD Turion. ... I'm running 32 bit Debian with the 64 bit kernel that is released with sarge, etch, and sid. ... I ran ndiswrapper and it ran successfully. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [SLE] NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7167-pkg1.run
      ... > NVRM: ... you update to a 2.6.11 or newer kernel. ... upgrade to 9.2 or wait for 9.3. ... Sid Boyce ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: ndiswrapper, wireless driver and 64 bit kernel
      ... I'm running a combination of etch and sid on an HP Pavilion dv8000z ... I ran ndiswrapper and it ran successfully. ... Is it because the ndiswrapper is from a different kernel, ... I tried using module-assistant to install ndiswrapper from source today ...
      (Debian-User)