Re: Vulnerability & Exploit Signatures

From: Kelly Dowd (loris65_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/16/05

    Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:25:33 -0400
    To: Jackson Yu <jackson.yu@earthlink.net>

    I doubt there is any licensing of base signatures between vendors
    (signature engines vary greatly between products, you can't just 'use'
    another products sigs). You will find that some developers look at
    existing signature sets to get 'ideas', but it's far from a
    one-for-one copy. Companies must develop their own sigs just like
    they develop their own appliances... it's a total package.

    -Kelly D.