Re: IDS\IPS that can handle one Gig

From: Ed Gibbs (ed_at_digitalconclave.com)
Date: 06/06/05

    To: "Chris Harrington" <charrington@nitrosecurity.com>, <THolman@toplayer.com>, <PPalmer@iss.net>, <prashant@juniper.net>, <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 08:20:59 -0700

    You're absolutely right - there needs to be IPS test standards. I would
    like to propose putting together a forum, and defining what the IPS test
    standards should be - is anyone interested? I would like to see several
    members from each IPS vendor involved. The result is that we create a set
    of procedures that provide guidance, and help someone determine which IPS is
    best for their environment.

    Ed