RE: High availability design of NIDS

From: Gary Halleen (ghalleen_at_cisco.com)
Date: 02/23/05

    To: "'Vincent IP'" <pong@cs.ust.hk>, <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:10:40 -0800

    Cisco sensors support etherchannel load-balancing. In this scenario, all
    IDS traffic would automatically be load-balanced to your sensors. If a
    hardware or software issue caused a sensor to fail, then that sensor would
    drop out of the etherchannel group and all traffic would be sent to the
    remaining sensor(s).

    Gary