Re: CISCOs new IPS

From: Mike Johnson (mike_at_enoch.org)
Date: 01/29/05

    Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:00:36 -0500
    To: ghalleen@cisco.com

    Gary Halleen (ghalleen) wrote:
    > Actually, that's not quite correct, Billy?
    >
    > Cisco IPS 5.0 is just around the corner, and is a full-fledged
    > appliance-based IPS product. It will support various drop actions, as well
    > as traffic normalization and antivirus/antiworm.

    Can you explain this a little more? We have a few 4240's in place now
    (not inline, obviously), and we're looking forward to 5.0 (though
    getting more and more annoyed at the slipping ship dates), so I'd love
    to go ahead and get a head start on some of the new features.

    And while I'm at it, am I totally missing a way to get a look at the
    actual packets that trigger the alerts?

    Mike

    Test Your IDS

    Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
    CORE IMPACT.
    Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    to learn more.