RE: Fortinet IDS

From: Michael Allgeier (Michael.Allgeier_at_lcra.org)
Date: 10/21/04

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:20:50 -0500
To: <security@brvenik.com>, <dpuckett@cityoforange.org>, <cdine.org@gmail.com>, <whalenryan@hotmail.com>

Yes to some degree. You'll find in the Anti-virus section and they call it
"Grayware". Their list of spyware and adware is limited, but they do hit
many of the more common ones. Better than nothing and more than most
network based anti-spyware.

I use these in transparent mode across our network in key locations.

Their 2.8 code is a great improvement from 2.5, night and day.

Mike

>>> "David Puckett" <dpuckett@cityoforange.org> 10/21/2004 12:15:50 PM >>>
Will this also prevent spyware/malware/crapware?

Thanks,
David