RE: Firewall vs. IPS - Differences now (ISS, Intrushield 2.1?)

From: Bob Walder (bwalder_at_spamcop.net)
Date: 09/06/04

    To: "'Jose Maria Lopez'" <jkerouac@bgsec.com>
    Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:18:51 +0200

    I agree...... For now!

    But I thought we were talking futures (reading back to Greg's original
    post)

    Given increases in capabilities of hardware, do you REALLY think these
    will still be separate devices in five years time? (And let's not go
    into what "next big thing" will have replaced ALL of these technologies
    by then...;o)

    Regards,

    Bob Walder

    http://www.bgsec.com ESPAÑA

    like fabulous yellow Roman candles.
                    -- Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"

    Test Your IDS

    Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708 to learn more.