SUMMARY Switch Port Mirroring

From: Andy Cuff (talisker_at_securitywizardry.com)
Date: 08/29/04

    To: <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:54:48 +0100

    Hi
    Well it's been 2 weeks and the response has been pretty good, though I think
    it has now dried up. For those that missed the original post, I have
    uploaded a page with the required syntax for various switches to get them
    into SPAN port mode to feed an IDS (etc)
    http://securitywizardry.com/switch.htm
    Therefore without further ado, we now have SPAN port settings for the
    following:

          Extreme Newer
          Extreme Older v4.1
          Cisco SPAN Info
          Cisco 2900 3500XL
         Cisco 2950 3550 3750
          Cisco 2950
          Cisco 3500 XL
          Cisco 5000
         Cisco 4000 6000 Cat
          Cisco 4000 6000 IOS
          Foundry
          Juniper M or T

    Thanks again for those that responded, I have included their details with
    the various switch tables.

    take care
    -andy cuff
    Talisker's Computer Security Portal