SUMMARY Switch Port Mirroring

From: Andy Cuff (talisker_at_securitywizardry.com)
Date: 08/29/04

    To: <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:54:48 +0100

    Hi
    Well it's been 2 weeks and the response has been pretty good, though I think
    it has now dried up. For those that missed the original post, I have
    uploaded a page with the required syntax for various switches to get them
    into SPAN port mode to feed an IDS (etc)
    http://securitywizardry.com/switch.htm
    Therefore without further ado, we now have SPAN port settings for the
    following:

          Extreme Newer
          Extreme Older v4.1
          Cisco SPAN Info
          Cisco 2900 3500XL
         Cisco 2950 3550 3750
          Cisco 2950
          Cisco 3500 XL
          Cisco 5000
         Cisco 4000 6000 Cat
          Cisco 4000 6000 IOS
          Foundry
          Juniper M or T

    Thanks again for those that responded, I have included their details with
    the various switch tables.

    take care
    -andy cuff
    Talisker's Computer Security Portal
    Computer Network Defence Ltd
    http://www.securitywizardry.com

    • SUMMARY Switch Port Mirroring
      ... Well it's been 2 weeks and the response has been pretty good, ... For those that missed the original post, ... uploaded a page with the required syntax for various switches to get them ... we now have SPAN port settings for the ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Question for Spanning tree experts
      ... > switches.About 3 vlans had incorrectly configured root because of lower ... I didn't understand the last two paragraphs of your response. ... You use layer 3 switches to dice your network into multiple ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: Caching a sniffer
      ... The issue is that there is NO span port, ... >> will not be able to sniff any useful information from the network ... > the behaviour of hosts or switches. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: classic Kay attenuator
      ... Step response is a clean 500 ps rise, ... the mostly-toasted resistor. ... which has shunt tweaks to ground. ... The switches have a really nice smooth throw. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: Tech help Williams Hot Line EM
      ... for the quick response!! ... easy to follow the lines to the one point switches but probably just as ... When I plug in the machine, and hit the ... left flipper button to light it up, the single point coil ...
      (rec.games.pinball)