RE: Dragon IDS & Enterasys Equipment

From: M Shirk (shirkdog_linux_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/21/04

    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:15:00 -0400

    Enterasys will soon be releasing its Secure Network offering (this may or
    may not be the correct name). Dragon is simply the IDS part which will work
    the same with new features (more network interfaces are supported, this will
    be version 7.0 of Dragon). The Secure network will use Enterasys Switches
    with the Dragon IDS to basically build FIREBREAKS on the network. There is a
    separate correlation database to report to, but basically its is a glorified
    IPS solution. It is a product that would require a change to an entire
    infrastructure, not just stuff in your DMZ.