[off-topic] Port mirroring

From: Gustavo Rodrigues Ramos (gustavo_at_acmesecurity.org)
Date: 07/16/04

    Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:07:46 -0300
    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    Hi all,

    Have anyone already worked with port mirroring (or SPAN, etc) on IBM
    Switch 8271-712 Nways and know "how to" enable this feature? I have this
    model and need to sniff and analyse traffic on it.

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    Gustavo R. Ramos
    Test Your IDS

    • Resetting IBM nways 8271-712
      ... switch. ... I acquired my IBM nways 8271-712 some time ago at a second-hand store ... eventually some way of resetting or recovering the passwords? ... Whom at IBM could i contact their forum at www.networking.ibm.com seems ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware)
    • Re: Brace for impact!
      ... >> I seem to recall seeing several ads on tv hyping this feature for PC ... "IBM Hard Drive Active Protection System ... The software component basically receives, ... and reacts to signals from the motion detector. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: QASJSNDHST CPA5305
      ... Here is an email IBM sent us to deal with it. ... set to *YES when the QASJSNDHST file is created... ... I infer from its name that the database file object is a Service Agent ... error message is a side effect of a _poor design_ of that feature. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
    • Re: Does Handling Matter?
      ... the working of the radio/CD player, which has a feature that I do not like. ... Anyhow the feature I don't like is the arrangement whereby I am limited to 30 minutes of radio/CD player usage unless the engine is running. ... Given that I'm retired and very fond of music and the countryside, I used to like to take the car out to a nice spot and settle down to a bit of CD enjoyment or reading. ... The stupidity of it is emphasised when you bear in mind that after 30 minutes the radio/CD player stops working, but I could switch on all the lights and have wipers, washers and electric windows working all afternoon - with no time limit whatsoever on their functioning. ...
      (uk.rec.driving)
    • Re: CASE mis-understanding?
      ... reordering the cases of the switch statement; ... language feature, library feature, or operating system feature. ... That's not a good argument against correcting students' untrue ideas, ... teach anything about the machine level at all (and that includes my ...
      (comp.lang.forth)