IDS Testing tool

From: Arun Vishwanathan (arun.vishwanathan_at_nevisnetworks.com)
Date: 06/08/04

    Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:17:17 +0530
    To: <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>

    Hi list,

    Is anyone aware of any open source equivalent of Blade's IDS Informer
    tool to test IDSes? I am aware that TCPReplay can be used to test IDSes
    but then we will need to make actual attacks at least once to capture
    the traffic. Any help would be appreciated.

    Regards,
    Arun V
    "Using encryption on the Internet is the equivalent of arranging
     an armored car to deliver credit-card information from someone
     living in a cardboard box to someone living on a park bench."
                                             -Gene Spafford

    • Re: IDS Testing tool
      ... >Is anyone aware of any open source equivalent of Blade's IDS Informer ... I am aware that TCPReplay can be used to test IDSes ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: IDS Testing tool
      ... my post from jul last year / topic ids testing tools: ... >Is anyone aware of any open source equivalent of Blade's IDS Informer ... I am aware that TCPReplay can be used to test IDSes ... > living in a cardboard box to someone living on a park bench." ...
      (Focus-IDS)