Tool announce : LogMonitor 1.0

From: SecurIT Informatique Inc. (securit_at_iquebec.com)
Date: 05/25/04

    Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:00:40 -0400
    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    Hello List members.

    This e-mail is to announce the release of my latest log analysis and
    monitoring console LogMonitor 1.0. LogMonitor is available both as Open
    Source and commercial software, and it can be downloaded at
    http://securit.iquebec.com/ (if the page does not seem to work, try again
    later, it sometimes experiences small temporary downtime that are out of my
    control). It is 75% based on LogIDS, excepted for the GUI which is a
    complete makeover. Instead of focusing on network location, LogMonitor
    presents the data in a set of floating windows grouped by application,
    which may be a more intuitive interface to some people. The analysis is
    performed by defining the fields of each log we are monitoring, and then by
    using these fields to define rules as to what is important data or
    not. The ruleset is pretty rich, and allows for a lot of flexibility.

    Screenshots at http://iquebec.ifrance.com/securit/future/logmon1.jpg and
    http://iquebec.ifrance.com/securit/future/logmon2.jpg.

    LogIDS screenshots at http://iquebec.ifrance.com/securit/image/figure1.gif
    and http://iquebec.ifrance.com/securit/image/figure6.gif.

    I have also released my latest article "Future Trends in IDS Technologies",
    that I will present this week at Seguridad en Computo
    (http://congreso.seguridad.unam.mx/), which is available at
    http://iquebec.ifrance.com/securit/future/idsfuture1.html. This article
    presents a global overview of all the tools I have developped over the last
    year in the field of IDS and log analysis.

    Thank you for your attention.

    Adam Richard, aka Floydman
    SÚcurIT Informatique Inc.
    http://securit.iquebec.com/