Hi, I want to study IPS

From: cto (cto_at_kdds.co.kr)
Date: 05/12/04

    To: <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:10:14 +0900

    Hi,
    My name is Kyle and developer.

    I'm developing a NIPS(Network Intrusion Prevention System).
    I wonder what is different between NIDS and NIPS.
    Where can I acquire documents or anything that explain NIPS.
    Please let me know that.

    Have a nice day!!!

    PS: I'm sorry for poor English.

    • RE: Hi, I want to study IPS
      ... NIPS is a combination of a firewall and IDS. ... An IDS will only detect intrusions whereas the NIPS will also take ... My name is Kyle and developer. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • AW: Changes in IDS Companies?
      ... -An Inline-IDS or Gateway IDS does not have to be a Network Intrusion Protection ... The difference between a NIDS and a GIDS is just that the latter is placed ... So a NIPS does not have to be an Inline-device automatically. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Changes in IDS Companies?
      ... > Inline IPS has the ability to block the suspicious traffic. ... NIDS cannot effectively block the traffic. ... process the packets, there just doesn't seem in my mind at least any ... justification to owning both NIPS and NIDS. ...
      (Focus-IDS)