Re: NIPS Vendors explicit answer

From: Vikram Phatak (vphatak_at_lucidsecurity.com)
Date: 04/27/04

    Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:11:49 -0400
    To: "Teicher, Mark (Mark)" <teicher@avaya.com>

    Hi Mark,

    Here are a couple of links to whitepapers we put out on the topic. The
    first (Vulnerability Protection: A Buffer for Patching) was written by
    myself and the second (The Emergence of the Vulnerability Shield) was
    written by Pete Lindstrom. If you are looking for additional
    information beyond that contained in the whitepapers and posting, please
    let me know. (I am probably opening up Pandora's Box, but what the heck)

    Vulnerability Protection: A Buffer for Patching
    http://www.lucidsecurity.com/pdf/Vulnerability-Protection.pdf

    The Emergence of the Vulnerability Shield
    http://www.lucidsecurity.com/pdf/Spire-LucidWP.pdf

    In addition, I posted to this newsgroup last week regarding the issue.
    http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/96/361458/2004-04-17/2004-04-23/0

    Best Regards,

        -Vik

    --