RE: IDS Creation

From: David Markle (davidmarkle_at_comcast.net)
Date: 03/27/04

    To: "'spam2fred'" <spam2fred@uol.com.br>, "'FocusIDS'" <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:01:18 -0500

    My thoughts are you should start by searching for a few different
    definitions of what Intrusion Detection is, a few different types available,
    and simply how they work. Starting with a definition might allow you to
    begin your efforts of creating a "simple ID System".

    Unfortunately, most intrusion detection systems available are going to be
    quite complex if there is no underlying understanding of network/application
    communication and exploitation. I think that the basics on how they work
    will get you started.

    Hope this helps.