Re: blocking p2p traffic

From: Dean Smith (dhsmith_at_netscreen.com)
Date: 03/06/04

    Date: 6 Mar 2004 14:23:41 -0000
    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In-Reply-To: <001301c4020f$9aecc630$0f010196@laplaboratorio>

    So does the NetScreen IDP, as I work there I won't go on about it but it works well.

    >Packeteer support discovery and control aplications in layer 7, include p2p
    >aplications.
    >

    > Hemac Teleinformatica
    > Ing. Juan Carlos Davila Ortiz
    > Ingenieria
    > Chapultepec # 710 Col. Moderna
    > 3616-3824 Guadalajara, Jal.
    > jdavila@grupohemac.com.mx

    • RE: blocking p2p traffic
      ... Here's a good overview of the risks and mitigation regarding multiple ... - You are right that p2p applications changes port numbers in order ... >wireless security ... the comprehensive security solution that combines ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: blocking p2p traffic
      ... - Snort have rules to identify p2p connections and uses flexresp to ... so use nessus to detect such p2p applications ... >Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Possible break in
      ... I had ran strings on it too, and tried to find some of the strings on ... >> Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ... Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: spybot,adaware
      ... more programs to secure. ... "If you think all one has to do is installing a software suite to protect ... If you think with a security suite in place everything is done which one ... One-click applications are not the answer to your situation! ...
    • Re: blocking p2p traffic
      ... In general it is observed that such applications do not work on ... > Astaro Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines ... > Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro ...
      (Focus-IDS)