RE: blocking p2p traffic

From: Zach Forsyth (Zach.Forsyth_at_kiandra.com)
Date: 03/04/04

    To: "Deshpande, Yashodhan" <ydeshpande@ipolicynet.com>, <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:19:23 +1100

    Yashonda,

    Surfcontrol has a product which can filter and block:

    Public IM Protocols
       AOL Instant Messenger
       MSN Messenger
       Yahoo Messenger
       ICQ

    Peer-to-Peer
       Gnutella Network (Morpheus, BearShare, Phex, Gnucleus, LimeWire,
    others)
       FastTrack Network (Grokster and Kazaa)

    Not sure if it is what you are really looking for, but I would
    definitely go and read up on it.
    You can probably download a 30 day trial as well.
    I have not used this product apart from lab testing, but I have had
    great success with their email and web filtering products.

    More info here: http://www.surfcontrol.com/products/im/

    Cheers

    Zach

    Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
    wireless security

    Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
    Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
    applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of
    ownership.

    Download your free trial at
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_focus-ids_040301

    • Re: Event Viewer
      ... When I installed the VB program on his PC, I also added a network ... > network" user right in Local Security Policy and reboot. ... > error message on his computer when the application/process that needs authentication ... >> starts his Messenger. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: blocking p2p traffic
      ... > Any information regarding IDS/IPS software available which blocks p2p traffic? ... > observed that such applications do not work on = single port and do port hopping. ... firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN, ... Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
      (Focus-IDS)