Re: blocking p2p traffic

From: Joakim Andersson (
Date: 03/05/04

    To: "Deshpande, Yashodhan" <>,
    Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:29:55 +0100

    On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 01:24, Deshpande, Yashodhan wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Any information regarding IDS/IPS software available which blocks p2p traffic?
    > Or in general any information regarding how to identify p2p application is
    > running and may be configure firewall to block such traffic. In general it is
    > observed that such applications do not work on = single port and do port hopping.
    > How to block them?
    > Any inputs on the same would be appreciated.

    I work for a company called Netintact. We develop a product called PacketLogic
    which has the features you're looking for.

    Note: This is a hardware/software solution.

    // Joakim Andersson

    Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
    wireless security

    Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
    Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
    applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of

    Download your free trial at