Windows based (H)IDS

From: Gregory Kane (gregory.kane_at_us.army.mil)
Date: 03/01/04

    Date: 1 Mar 2004 19:28:41 -0000
    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    Over a year ago I through together a quick HIDS, can be used as a NIDS or DIDS, using Snort and a small, but efficient program called FileChecker. As both are free, which is hard to get together in Windows, the cost is the time to configure. If anyone is interested, send me an email off line and I'll send you the basics of this. Yes, Snort can be set for an individual NIC.

    Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
    wireless security

    Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
    Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
    applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of
    ownership.

    Download your free trial at
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_focus-ids_040301