Re: Is IDS/IPS worthless?

From: Pablo Scherer (pablo_scherer_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/23/04

    Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:35:00 -0600 (CST)
    To: Andrew Plato <aplato@anitian.com>, focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    Well Andrew...
    The story you are telling us is very often to hear
    from a finance person. I mean, they only can
    "undestand" investment if it returns money, and they
    do not understand just the really function of IT as to
    "prevent" breaks down.

    I´m reading a book just now: "The IT Payoff. Measuring
    the business value of Information Technology
    Investments", by Prentice Hall, ISBN 0130650749. It´s
    in english. I recommend you to read it. It´s just a
    "guide" to get the view of the non-IT people. It´s
    helping me a lot to get approvals on IT projects.
    If you time, take a look to it.

    Regards

    Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

    Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that integrates
    six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

    Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    - Wireless security.

    Download 30-day evaluation at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_focus-ids_040219