Re: Is IDS/IPS worthless?

From: Pablo Scherer (pablo_scherer_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/23/04

    Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:35:00 -0600 (CST)
    To: Andrew Plato <aplato@anitian.com>, focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    Well Andrew...
    The story you are telling us is very often to hear
    from a finance person. I mean, they only can
    "undestand" investment if it returns money, and they
    do not understand just the really function of IT as to
    "prevent" breaks down.

    I´m reading a book just now: "The IT Payoff. Measuring
    the business value of Information Technology
    Investments", by Prentice Hall, ISBN 0130650749. It´s
    in english. I recommend you to read it. It´s just a
    "guide" to get the view of the non-IT people. It´s
    helping me a lot to get approvals on IT projects.
    If you time, take a look to it.

    Regards

    Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

    Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that integrates
    six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

    Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    - Wireless security.

    Download 30-day evaluation at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_focus-ids_040219
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Firewall Netscreen 10 - URGENTLY
      ... Do you Yahoo!? ... Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want. ... Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Corporate Security Status
      ... Subject: Corporate Security Status ... Do you Yahoo!? ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention, ... Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: The Return on Investment of Good Security
      ... It seems to me that assessing ROI on good security is roughly the same ... The Return on Investment of Good Security ... ROI is calculated by weighing the cost of a purchase against the ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • For Discussion: ...aldn
      ... Digital Rights Management and Enterprise Security. ... authentication and digital identity management using a portable device; ... the eSafe line of integrated content security solutions that protects PCs ... related private investment funds managed by Tamir Fishman Ventures ...
      (misc.invest.stocks)