Re: Counter detect Network Sniffer

From: Jochen Bartl (jochen_at_roastbyte.net)
Date: 02/21/04

    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com
    Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 01:26:43 +0100

    http://www.securityfriday.com/promiscuous_detection_01.pdf

    Here is a great article about promiscuous-mode detection.

    best regards,

    Jochen Bartl

    > Is there any method to detect one using sniffer, say
    > ethereal, in the same network?

    > 必殺技、飲歌、小星星...
    > 浪漫鈴聲 情心連繫
    > http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=22281/*http://ringtone.yahoo.com.hk/

    > Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection
    >
    > Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that integrates
    > six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.
    >
    > Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
    > - Wireless security.
    >
    > Download 30-day evaluation at:
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_focus-ids_040219

    • Re: Pushing SSH tunnels over TELNET proxies
      ... > an open TELNET proxy from their network. ... > push an SSH tunnel out to our parent network through their only (besides ... > Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that ... Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Counter detect Network Sniffer
      ... >Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that integrates ... >- Wireless security. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Wierd named log..
      ... > which has a bad server with a CLASS E addressess. ... >>Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that ... > Sprint Canada IP Network Technical Support Team, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: DHCP or Probe?
      ... somewhat limited understanding of cable network architecture, ... >> Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ... > Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro ...
      (Incidents)
    • RE: TCP port 5000 syn increasing
      ... if the person means tunnel into a network, ... even this kind of thing is relatively easy to protect ... > VPN, wireless security ... the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
      (Incidents)