RE: Taps supporting traffic aggregation ...

kgeorgiades_at_toplayer.com
Date: 01/28/04

    To: tbole@telsys.ch, focus-ids@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:15:56 -0500

    Thierry,

    The best way to do this is using an IDS Balancer. (possibly the only way to
    do it right)

    The IDS Balancer will:
    a) Aggregate the traffic
    b) Filter the traffic (if you want to do that, so that you can send
    different traffic to different sensors)
    c) Create multiple copies (e.g. same traffic to 2 different sensors)
    d) Load balance the traffic to groups of sensors.

    The pricing of the Top Layer IDS Balancer is very close to the prices of
    taps.

    The ROI of the IDS Balancer is so compelling that most of out customers
    admit that the savings pay for the IDS Balancer from day one.

    The Top Layer IDS Balancer is a family of products from entry level fast
    Ethernet configurations to multi-GigE.

    http://www.toplayer.com/content/products/intrusion_detection/ids_balancer.js

    Note: I work for Top Layer.

    Kyriacos (Ken) Georgiades
    Senior Director, Product Line Management
    Top Layer Networks, Inc
    Tel: 508 870 1300 x 231
    Cell: 508 783 5988
    Fax: 508 870 9797