Taps supporting traffic aggregation ...

From: Thierry Ble (tbole_at_telsys.ch)
Date: 01/26/04

    Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:00:25 +0100
    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    Has anyone tested taps supporting traffic aggregation (with the
    capability to mirror the traffic only on one link)

    I know that we can have some bandwidth limitations: if the 2 network
    ports are operating at 100mbps and the IDS port is operating at 100mbps
    as well, then under sustained aggregate bandwidth of greater than
    100mbps, packets will get dropped.

    Thank you for your feedback.

    Thierry