Re: Host Based IDS Recommendations?

dreamwvr_at_dreamwvr.com
Date: 10/11/03

    Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 09:02:03 -0600
    To: Alvin Wong <alvin.wong@b2b.com.my>

    On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 02:40:51PM +0800, Alvin Wong wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to find out for Windows boxes if there are any
    > recommendations for Host based IDS, i know that for unix there is AIDE,
    > linux, tripwire. What are the solutions for Windows machines? Would
    > running a software IDS that is capable of monitoring and protecting the
    > file systems a la tripwire with signed hashes kept in removable media be
    > sufficient? If there are, what are the usual suspects for host based IDS
    > that is used prevalently in industry? I'm hoping for both free and
    > commercial solutions
    Alvin;
         Well you could try the cywin port of AIDE if it is still
    around. Then adjust for taste. TMTOWTDI.

    Best REgards,
    dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com

    --
    /*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
    #                               48 69 65 72 6F 70 68 61 6E 74 32

    • Host Based IDS Recommendations?
      ... I would like to find out for Windows boxes if there are any ... recommendations for Host based IDS, i know that for unix there is AIDE, ... what are the usual suspects for host based IDS ... Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping Technology to: ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Host Based IDS Recommendations?
      ... > I would like to find out for Windows boxes if there are any ... > recommendations for Host based IDS, i know that for unix there is AIDE, ... what are the usual suspects for host based IDS ... "Intrusion Prevention technology such as TRUSHIELD™ is designed to not only ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Host based IDS methodology and testing
      ... Host based IDS methodology and testing ... >Any production experience with any of the above products, ... Time delays in reporting alerts are often very dependent on the ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • RE: Host based IDS methodology and testing
      ... I've successfully deployed Snort as a HIDS on a number of production servers ... Host based IDS methodology and testing ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: IDS is dead, etc
      ... > wouldn't call 'em an IDS, I think they're something different, much ... the host. ... Ensure Reliable Performance of Mission Critical Applications ... Precisely Define and Implement Network Security and Performance Policies ...
      (Focus-IDS)