Distributed IDS

From: Gaurav (gaurav_jindal_at_da-iict.org)
Date: 10/05/03

    Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 19:42:14 +0530
    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    Hi ,

    I would like to have suggestions about the Implementations of an
    Distributed Intrusion Detection System:

    1. What Architectures can be deployed for distributed architecture?
    2. From Research Point of view what limitations does current IDS have
    and what new could be done.
    3. How to write scalable Module driven projects?
    4. Any source code available to develop mobile agents in c/c++?
    5. What other pacakages available in C/C++ could be used for
    Implementation of Distributed IDS?

    If you could give me suggestions on any of the above points, it would be
    great.

    Regards,
    Gaurav

    "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes
    off the goal." - Hannah More

    Captus Networks IPS 4000
    Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping Technology to:
     - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
     - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
     - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security & Performance Policies
    FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CaptusNetworks_focus-ids_000101