Evaluation/Reviews of COTS and GOTS products (open source too)

Andy.Smith_at_sycoleman.com
Date: 07/17/03

    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:18:24 -0500

    All,

    I am looking for reviews/evaluations of commercial, government, and
    open-source Intrusion Detection Systems (and Vulnerability Scanners too, if
    these reviews exist). So far, I have the following sources:

    - Evaluation by NSS (http://www.nss.co.uk)
    - Neohapsis OSEC
    - Network Computing's 2001 Study (which favored Dragon)
    - 2002 Information Security Excellence Winners
    - Various reviews by SC Magazine in the "testcenter" section

    I am looking for more, if they exist. And, I do realize that these
    evaluations might not be that great (I have to take them with a grain of
    salt), but I still would like to read them.

    Any help would be appreciated. I apologize if this issue has been covered
    in the past on this mailing list.

    Cheers,

    Andy

    Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    Find out by easily testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    Go to www.coresecurity.com/promos/sf_eids1 to learn more.