Re: IDS CENTER QUESTION

From: Scott M. Algatt (salgatt_at_turtleshell.net)
Date: 06/04/03

    Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:10:50 -0400 (EDT)
    To: CJATeck@aol.com

    Have you considered using snortcenter? I had some issues with the windows
    portion of it but it seems to work great on *nix sensors.

    Regards,

    Scott M. Algatt

    Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

    On 4 Jun 2003 CJATeck@aol.com wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > Does anyone know:
    >
    > 1) What the current latest and greatest realease version is of IDS Center?
    > 2) Does this version or past versions work correctly with Snort 2.X?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Cliff

    > INTRUSION PREVENTION: READY FOR PRIME TIME?
    >
    > IntruShield now offers unprecedented Intrusion IntelligenceTM capabilities
    > - including intrusion identification, relevancy, direction, impact and analysis
    > - enabling a path to prevention.
    >
    > Download the latest white paper "Intrusion Prevention: Myths, Challenges, and Requirements" at:
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/IntruVert-focus-ids2

    INTRUSION PREVENTION: READY FOR PRIME TIME?

    IntruShield now offers unprecedented Intrusion IntelligenceTM capabilities
    - including intrusion identification, relevancy, direction, impact and analysis
    - enabling a path to prevention.

    Download the latest white paper "Intrusion Prevention: Myths, Challenges, and Requirements" at:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/IntruVert-focus-ids2

    • RE: Rather funny; looks like page defacement to me
      ... another security tool (VA, AV, firewall, etc.) that could have done the job ... I am not saying the IDS are always useless, but they are most useful as ... they denigrate Intrusion Prevention Systems and hail ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • AW: General term for Gateway IDS, IDP, IPS ...
      ... I'd like to know the general term for Gateway IDS, IDP, IPS ... ... Symantec Symantec Gateway Security,TopLayer Attack Mitigator IPS, ... I know NetScreen call their products "Intrusion Detectsion ... "Intrusion Prevention Solutions." ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • RE: True definition of Intrusion Prevention
      ... Except that most seasoned Intrusion Detection Protects have had the ... Intrusion Prevention class.. ... and measuring security posture via vulnerability ... "Protect" means trying to prevent intrusions, ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • RE: Random IDS Thoughts [WAS: Re: IDS thoughts]
      ... Subject: Random IDS Thoughts ... today's consoles on the commercial IDS systems we use. ... INTRUSION PREVENTION: READY FOR PRIME TIME? ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: True definition of Intrusion Prevention
      ... "intrusion prevention" is the latest bandwagon marketing folks ... What makes matters worse is I think that "intrusion ... and probe detection" but rarely did they actually detect real compromises. ... Network Intrusion ...
      (Focus-IDS)