Re: Snort 2.0 Released!

From: Martin Roesch (roesch@sourcefire.com)
Date: 04/15/03

    Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:32:07 -0400
    From: Martin Roesch <roesch@sourcefire.com>
    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    On 4/14/03 11:58 AM, "Martin Roesch" <roesch@sourcefire.com> wrote:

    > Snort 2.0 has been released and is available at http://www.snort.org.
    > Snort 2.0 is the result of many months of effort on the part of dozens
    > of people and has a slew of new features:

    [...snip...]

    > INTRUSION PREVENTION: READY FOR PRIME TIME?
    >
    > IntruShield now offers unprecedented Intrusion IntelligenceTM capabilities -
    > including intrusion identification, relevancy, direction, impact and analysis
    > - enabling a path to prevention.

    > Download the latest white paper "Intrusion Prevention: Myths, Challenges, and
    > Requirements" at: http://www.securityfocus.com/IntruVert-focus-ids

    I'd like to note that the advertisement added by SecurityFocus to my Snort
    2.0 release announcement should in no way be seen as an endorsement of
    Intruvert's products or philosophy by me. They probably wouldn't like my
    answer their lead-in question.... :)

        -Marty

    --
    Martin Roesch - Founder/CTO Sourcefire Inc. - (410) 290-1616
    roesch@sourcefire.com - http://www.sourcefire.com