Training IDS

From: Tarek Abbes (t_abbes@yahoo.fr)
Date: 03/21/03

    Date: 21 Mar 2003 08:58:13 -0000
    From: Tarek Abbes <t_abbes@yahoo.fr>
    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    Hello everybody

    I would like to have some informations about training IDS. I know that
    there are many methods that take advantages of clustering, Neural approch,
    data mining, bayesien method... but i still don't know how theses methods
    are employed pratically ie how the training process receives data and
    transforms them to normal (and perhaps abnormal) models of traffic.

    Thank you
    best regards

    Tarek

    ALERT: Exploiting Web Applications- A Step-by-Step Attack Analysis
    Learn why 70% of today's successful hacks involve Web Application
    attacks such as: SQL Injection, XSS, Cookie Manipulation and Parameter
    Manipulation.
    http://www.spidynamics.com/mktg/webappsecurity71