new on IDSs

From: Vladimir (aikantguetno@yahoo.es)
Date: 01/26/03

    From: "Vladimir" <aikantguetno@yahoo.es>
    To: <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:10:49 +0100

    hi all,

    I'm interested in NIDS and i was wondering if somebody could, please, answer
    these questions or give me some information (links, etc):

    1.- Which are NIDS limitations, in addition of pattern-matching inherent
    limitations?

    2.- Wich technologies or investigation lines are trying to minimize or even
    correct this limitations?

    3.- What about distributed NIDS?

    Thank you very much,

    Vladimir.

    Yahoo! Móviles
    Personaliza tu móvil con tu logo y melodía favorito
    en http://moviles.yahoo.es

    Relevant Pages

    • RE: new on IDSs
      ... Here is a good sampling of the array of solutions to consider ... Some people refer to this as Security Information Management. ... I'm interested in NIDS and i was wondering if somebody could, please, answer ... 1.- Which are NIDS limitations, ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • RE: new on IDSs
      ... response emulation capabilities. ... NIDS have to know how a particular O.S. ... Not only should they consider O.S. responses, ... > 1.- Which are NIDS limitations, ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: new on IDSs
      ... Actually Omar, NFR's NID engine performs passive OS fingerprinting. ... avoiding that common problem among most other NIDS technologies. ... > I believe that one of the biggest limitations of NIDS the need for ... > certain configurations things would be easier for a NIDS. ...
      (Focus-IDS)