IDS Common Criteria

From: Talisker (talisker@networkintrusion.co.uk)
Date: 01/06/03

    From: "Talisker" <talisker@networkintrusion.co.uk>
    To: <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>, <ids@mailman.vet.com.au>
    Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 18:13:58 -0000

    Hi all

    Sorry about cross posting this on the SF and Australian IDS list

    I received a marketing post this morning from Intrusion Inc saying that
    their SecureNetPro is the only IDS to have passed Common Criteria
    Certification, I was under the impression that another IDS vendor (ISS) had
    already achieved similar. Is there a RealSecure fan out there that could
    confirm this ?

    Outside Government and Military circles where I can see Common Criteria
    Certification being extremely useful, how valuable is it, ie within the
    financial sector etc ? More importantly what are it's failings?

    take care
    -andy
    Taliskers Network Security Tools
    http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk

    Relevant Pages

    • RE: IDS Common Criteria
      ... Same goes for CC accreditation. ... Onderwerp: IDS Common Criteria ... their SecureNetPro is the only IDS to have passed Common Criteria ... Certification, I was under the impression that another IDS vendor ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • RE: IDS Common Criteria
      ... etc. with a grading it is just a check off so that govt. ... The testing for common criteria is done by authorized labs ... Subject: IDS Common Criteria ... Certification, I was under the impression that another IDS vendor ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: [IDS] IDS Common Criteria
      ... >I received a marketing post this morning from Intrusion Inc saying that ... >their SecureNetPro is the only IDS to have passed Common Criteria ... >Certification, I was under the impression that another IDS vendor had ... >Outside Government and Military circles where I can see Common Criteria ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: [IDS] IDS Common Criteria
      ... Unfortunately public sector and common sense ... Subject: [IDS] IDS Common Criteria ... >>Outside Government and Military circles where I can see Common Criteria ...
      (Focus-IDS)