Re: Intrusion Prevention

From: Frank Knobbe (
Date: 12/10/02

    From: Frank Knobbe <>
    To: Jill Tovey <>
    Date: 10 Dec 2002 15:34:00 -0600

    On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 03:46, Jill Tovey wrote:
    > ActiveScout by all intents and purposes seems a unique and innovative
    > approach to IDS technologies and provides a number of advantages over
    > other detection systems, such as proactively detecting reconnaissance
    > attacks.

    uhm.... could you please explain how anyone can *proactively* detect
    recon scans? Is that through some ESP plugin?

    100% no false positives, 'proactive' intrusion detection, intrusion
    prevention products that can 'sense' when you are 'about' to scan, and
    'cloak' your network for you..... oh wow, I guess we're not in Kansas

    Relevant Pages