From: Keith T. Morgan (
Date: 12/02/02

    Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:04:54 -0500
    From: "Keith T. Morgan" <>
    To: <>

    We've deployed this scenario on Linux + Free S/Wan running snort on all physical interfaces and all ipsecX interfaces for folks. The fastest wire-speed we've had on one of these deployments is T1, and a PIII450 has handled VPN traffic at wirespeed even with the added load of snort. Sorry I don't have any higher-bandwidth benchmarks for you.