RE: IDS on VPN-GW

From: Keith T. Morgan (keith.morgan@terradon.com)
Date: 12/02/02

    Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:04:54 -0500
    From: "Keith T. Morgan" <keith.morgan@terradon.com>
    To: <counter.spy@gmx.de>

    We've deployed this scenario on Linux + Free S/Wan running snort on all physical interfaces and all ipsecX interfaces for folks. The fastest wire-speed we've had on one of these deployments is T1, and a PIII450 has handled VPN traffic at wirespeed even with the added load of snort. Sorry I don't have any higher-bandwidth benchmarks for you.