Re: Where is Ron Gula? (was "Changes in IDS Companies?")

From: Ron Gula (ronald.gula@verizon.net)
Date: 11/18/02

    Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:49:50 -0500
    From: "Ron Gula" <ronald.gula@verizon.net>
    To: Kevin Jones <kjmjones@yahoo.com>, focus-ids@securityfocus.com <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>

    Hi Kevin (and Focus-IDS),

    I left Enterasys back in September and founded a new company
    named Tenable Network Security.

    As for what it means for Dragon, I don't have a crystal ball, but
    I still get a lot of people (VARs mostly) who want to re-sell Dragon
    or implement it at a customer's request. I also have a lot of
    confidence in the team working on Dragon now. And, without
    going into exactly what we are working on at Tenable, we are
    planning to work with Dragon (among other NIDS) due mostly
    to customer feedback.

    Ron Gula

    >Samuel Cure wrote:
    >

    >Just noticing some changes with some known IDS companies and wanted some
    >
    >feedback from the community. Because Marcus Ranum left NFR earlier this
    >
    >year and Ron Gula has left Enterasys Networks, I am questioning the future
    >
    >of some early-on IDS companies.
    >

    >Maybe I missed the formal announcement, but...
    >

    >Can anyone confirm / deny that Ron Gula has in fact left Enterasys?
    >

    >I have to ask, following rumors & denials earlier in the year about this
    >
    >on the Dragon IDS mail list, dated from late June:
    >

    >>Now that Ron Gula has left Enterasys, what does the future hold for
    >
    >>Dragon? Does anyone have a concern about that?
    >

    >Response from Randy Taylor, Enterasys Networks:
    >
    >>I would if Ron had actually left Enterasys. Fact is he hasn't.
    >

    >There hasn't been any mention of him on the Dragon list (or post from him)
    >
    >in many months...
    >
    >SO, where in the world is Ron Gula?? And, what does it mean for Dragon if
    >
    >he is gone?
    >

    >Curious,
    >

    >Kevin Jones
    >
    >.