Re: Where is Ron Gula? (was "Changes in IDS Companies?")

From: Ron Gula (ronald.gula@verizon.net)
Date: 11/18/02

    Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:49:50 -0500
    From: "Ron Gula" <ronald.gula@verizon.net>
    To: Kevin Jones <kjmjones@yahoo.com>, focus-ids@securityfocus.com <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>

    Hi Kevin (and Focus-IDS),

    I left Enterasys back in September and founded a new company
    named Tenable Network Security.

    As for what it means for Dragon, I don't have a crystal ball, but
    I still get a lot of people (VARs mostly) who want to re-sell Dragon
    or implement it at a customer's request. I also have a lot of
    confidence in the team working on Dragon now. And, without
    going into exactly what we are working on at Tenable, we are
    planning to work with Dragon (among other NIDS) due mostly
    to customer feedback.

    Ron Gula

    >Samuel Cure wrote:
    >

    >Just noticing some changes with some known IDS companies and wanted some
    >
    >feedback from the community. Because Marcus Ranum left NFR earlier this
    >
    >year and Ron Gula has left Enterasys Networks, I am questioning the future
    >
    >of some early-on IDS companies.
    >

    >Maybe I missed the formal announcement, but...
    >

    >Can anyone confirm / deny that Ron Gula has in fact left Enterasys?
    >

    >I have to ask, following rumors & denials earlier in the year about this
    >
    >on the Dragon IDS mail list, dated from late June:
    >

    >>Now that Ron Gula has left Enterasys, what does the future hold for
    >
    >>Dragon? Does anyone have a concern about that?
    >

    >Response from Randy Taylor, Enterasys Networks:
    >
    >>I would if Ron had actually left Enterasys. Fact is he hasn't.
    >

    >There hasn't been any mention of him on the Dragon list (or post from him)
    >
    >in many months...
    >
    >SO, where in the world is Ron Gula?? And, what does it mean for Dragon if
    >
    >he is gone?
    >

    >Curious,
    >

    >Kevin Jones
    >
    >.

    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

    Best regards.
    Ron Gula
    ronald.gula@verizon.net
    2002-11-17

    Relevant Pages

    • Where is Ron Gula? (was "Changes in IDS Companies?")
      ... Just noticing some changes with some known IDS companies and wanted some ... Can anyone confirm / deny that Ron Gula has in fact left Enterasys? ... on the Dragon IDS mail list, ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • RE: Where is Ron Gula? (was "Changes in IDS Companies?")
      ... This answer is coming from someone on the Dragon team (who already gets enough spam in his ... Enterasys account - so I apologize in advance for using the @yahoo.com addy. ... If you read the "Dragon Newsletter" that I put out on the Dragon IDS users list, ... Subject: Where is Ron Gula? ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • RE: IDS Opinions
      ... Our compagny is using Dragon (Enterasys) appliances for our clients ... Subject: IDS Opinions ... instead as it is open source, and also sourcefire is built upon snort. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Updating Enterasys Dragon NIDS signature...
      ... That's often the best place to ask dragon ... The signatures are all available ... Since it's a closed network the update screw up ... > everytime because enterasys designed it to access their site. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Dragon IDS suffering
      ... Dragon's engineers have all bolted to Snort and other IDS companies. ... Do you think Dragon IDS will be spun out of Enterasys or shut-down? ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)