Re: HTTP based trojans

From: s.wun (s.wun@thales-is.com.hk)
Date: 11/07/02

From: "s.wun" <s.wun@thales-is.com.hk>
To: <AQBARROS@BKB.com.br>, <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:13:08 +0800

I think this so-called flow-based IDS is about analyse each end-to-end
connection based on what protocol the connection is using. For example, if
protocol is 6, it should follow standard TCP communication standard,
anything other than that will be regarded as Potential hack. That's why in
http connection, it detected communication is not belong to http, so it
should be able to raise alarm.

One can create this kind of analyse with simple programming, not neccessary
to purchase StealthWatch if we understand the principle of it.

sam