RE: Snort Monitoring

From: Chris Fairbourne (chris@camsystems.com)
Date: 10/29/02

From: Chris Fairbourne <chris@camsystems.com>
To: "'Scott M. Algatt'" <salgatt@turtleshell.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:59:48 -0800

> I am looking for something that will provide monitoring of snort for me.
> I have several remote installs of Snort 1.9 and need to find a way to
> monitor them to make sure they are operational.

DJ Bernstein's daemontools (supervise/svcscan) can monitor & restart yer
Snort daemon for ya.
http://cr.yp.to/daemontools/svscan.html
Perhaps a bit more elegant than something homebrew anyway.

Regards,
chris

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SNORT + Win32
    ... For monitoring I use BASE http://secureideas.sourceforge.net/ it is based on the ACID code but is so much nice and faster ... I'm using SNORT and Win32 - so far so good. ... Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, use or reproduction is strictly prohibited. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Info HIDS
    ... Snort will provide the kind of monitoring you are asking about. ... be configured to monitor an entire network, and output logs in tcp dump, ... >configure an HIDS (tripwire) to get intrusion's information about a Web ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Network Traffic Analyzer Recommendations?
    ... Also available for use with snort are various plugins which enable you ... If you're just after a basic bandwidth monitoring tool, ... worse than using the built-in Windows performance monitoring tools - ...
  • Re: Snort Monitoring
    ... > I am looking for something that will provide monitoring of snort for me. ... > I have several remote installs of Snort 1.9 and need to find a way to ... He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Snort Monitoring
    ... can you use SNMP? ... I would think you are looking at monitoring of alerts and not the snort ... Subject: Snort Monitoring ... He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out. ...
    (Focus-IDS)