Signature Counts between IDS's

From: SEdwards@toplayer.com
Date: 09/10/02

From: SEdwards@toplayer.com
To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:51:25 -0400

Has anyone ever done a comparison between ISS & Snort on signature counts -
so which product has the most sigs (and how many) - and which sigs match
which in the two products

Thanks

Simon
Simon Edwards
Technical Evangelist
Top Layer Networks
US Office : + 1 508 870 1300 (x230)
US Mobile : + 1 617 953 8764
UK Office : + 44 1483 243 549
UK Mobile : + 44 7971 959170
www: www.TopLayer.com
email: sedwards@toplayer.com

"Perfecting the Art of Network Security"
--------

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Symantec AV signature corruption
    ... The vendor response on this issue may have been a bit light on detail ... Users logged in in the morning and applied dodgy sigs. ... Had to write script to manually rollback to last signature, ... Client accepted sigs silently, and effectively had zero viruses in the ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: Selecciones
    ... I suppose that's why your own sigs are from three to four times the maximum ... The question of a proper signature can cause perhaps more arguments than any ... other single netiquette issue. ... abounding with trolls, fools, wise-guys and sages alike. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Cisco IPS dropping packets
    ... IPS fail closed is disabled ... Signature Micro-Engine: OTHER ... SigID:SubID On Action Sev Trait MH AI CT TI AT FA WF ... Signature Micro-Engine: STRING.UDP (1 sigs) ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful
    ... I'm on a yahoo mailing list that automatically strips PGP signatures ... I consider that a genuine breach of netiquette. ... > My signature shows up as a 0.2k attachment. ... I have a script that looks at the sigs in incoming mail as it's ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Proposed 3rd : RFD for uk.rec.cycling.moderated
    ... What or is not in signature files is not a matter for discussion ... and fit in with the wording in the RFD. ... If the panel is not going to block ordinary, ... compliant sigs then it is the panel that is proposing sigs be ...
    (uk.net.news.config)