Deepsight Analyzer Beta

From: Alfred Huger (alfred_huger@symantec.com)
Date: 09/05/02

To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com
From: "Alfred Huger" <alfred_huger@symantec.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:26:11 -0600

We are currently underway with the beta process for DeepSight Analyzer 4.0.
This new and final stage of our rollout will now allow you to upload
Firewall data alongside your IDS data and generate reports, correlate and
notify against these disparate data sets. I think this is a huge leap
forward in terms of value in the system. In any event, we have openings in
the beta process and I would like to solicit this group to see if anyone is
interested. The upside to being a beta participant is that there are
feature-sets which are not going to be made available to standard users
which will be available to people who take part in the beta program. The
requirements for taking part should you be interested are:

1. You *must* be a current and active DeepSight Analyzer user. This means
you must upload at least once a day.
2. You must have one of the following devices and be willing to send data
from it (as you already do with your IDS's) into Analyzer:

Cisco PIX - 4.2 - 5.1
NetScreen 500, 200, 100, 50, 25 and 5XP.
Cisco IOS - 11.X ? 12.X
Firewall-1 NG
ZoneAlarm 2.6.0

As well as one of the following IDS's actively and currently sending data
into DeepSight:

BlackIce 2.0 -3.x
Snort 1.6 - 1.9.x
RealSecure 3.1 - 5.5
RealSecure 6.0 - 6.5
NetProwler - 3.5.x
Cisco Secure IDS 2.5 - 3.0
Dragon 4.2

3. You must be willing to take about an hour to two hours of your time to
configure and deploy the new versions of DeepSight Extractor on your
systems.

Outside of this we would expect you're available to report bugs :>

If you meet the above requirements and are interested please let me know
and we will see to setting you up on the beta.

-al

Relevant Pages

  • MSs beta of Windows Onecare
    ... Anyone else testing MS's beta of Windows Onecare? ... It includes a firewall, anti-virus app, backup & restore feature, scheduled ... installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Anyone tried Jeticos new freebie firewall?
    ... >> Has anyone tried the Jetico Firewall? ... Technically it's probably still beta quality, ... I'm sure the reason for good support for this freebie is that they need ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Cannot Activate?
    ... I've been beta testing Office 2007 Beta on XP and managed ... or it cant find an internet connection? ... I've opened up Windows Firewall for WINWORD.exe and my router firewall ... Steve McKeogh ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: I lost the firewall after dl MS anti spyware
    ... First, not that many people use the XP Firewall and of those who do, ... probably not that many have installed Microsoft Antispyware. ... beta and such issues are to be expected in a beta regardless of company. ... Backup is a PC User's Best Friend ...
  • Jetico Personal Firewall
    ... Has anyone tried Jetico Personal Firewall yet? ... beta a few days ago and so far I'm strangely drawn to it. ... Kerio 4.1 betas, but without all the bloat and resource consumption. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)