Concerns with NFR

From: counter.spy@gmx.de
Date: 06/22/02

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 00:02:50 +0200 (MEST)
From: counter.spy@gmx.de
To: scure@redbulltech.com, focus-ids@securityfocus.com

Sam,
the first question about the financial stuff I cannot answer (don't know).

The question about Marcus Ranum I can answer:
http://www.snort.org
"Our fearless leader was on the cover of the most recent Information
Security Magazine, taking part in a roundtable with some of the major players in the
IDS land regarding the evolution of IDSs. Featured in the roundtable are
Robert Gleichauf (CISCO), Chrs Klaus (ISS), Marcus Ranum (ex-NFR), and our
Marty."

http://www.infosecuritymag.com/2002/jun/cover.shtml
"MARCUS J. RANUM (mjr@ranum.com) is founder of NFR Security and an
independent security consultant. He built the first commercial network firewall
product, DEC SEAL, in 1990. While at Trusted Information Systems, he built and
managed the president's mail server, whitehouse.gov. He was inducted into the
Information Systems Security Association's (ISSA) Hall of Fame in June 2001."

Third, we already see a great consolidation in the IDS market.
Symantec aquired Axent
NFR aquired Centrax
ISS aquired NetworICE
Cisco...

You should have a look at Andrew Talisker's website:
www.networkintrusion.co.uk

Cheers,
Detmar