RE: How does and IDS help to save money??

From: Kohlenberg, Toby (
Date: 04/15/02

From: "Kohlenberg, Toby" <>
To: "'Shripal Meghani'" <>,
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:26:39 -0700

The findings below were a result of research I was asked to do by a
customer of mine and then generalized to be included as part of my
GCIA practical. I believe it is being added to the SANS reading room
but I don't know when. It might help answer some of your questions.
Comments and feedback are appreciated. Please do not quote or redistribute
without proper attribution.

Toby Kohlenberg, CISSP, GCIA, GCIH
Information Security Analyst
503-456-2302 Office & Voicemail
877-497-1696 Pager
"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you."

PGP Fingerprint:
92E2 E2FC BB8B 98CD 88FA 01A1 6E09 B5BA 9E84 9E70

  • Re: From the IIUG Insider ...
    ... IF THERE AREN'T ANY CUSTOMERS BESIDES WALMART, ... Do you know why IBM sings the praises of IDS? ... Evangelists cost money, more money ...
  • Re: Steve Ballmer: Were an ad company now
    ... In the early 2000s M$ controlled a link-exchange web site that allowed ... Is this partnership going to make money for M$? ... It's possible that yahoo could swap out it's 360 MySpace- ... And in doing so, yahoo users would have ...
  • HACK / CRACK Yahoo,Hotmail,AOL Password []
    ... TO HACK AOL, YAHOO AND HOTMAIL PASSWORDS!! ... money until you are well satisfied with the proofs provided by us. ... We Hack Crack Hotmail, Gmail, AOL and Yahoo Passwords! ...