IDS Policy Manager 1.2 ReleaseFrom: jdell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Previous message: Ian P. Christian: "RE: recommended front-ends for snort?"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: jdell <email@example.com> To: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: 01 Apr 2002 14:06:38 -0500
I am pleased to announce the release of IDS Policy Manager 1.2.
IDS Policy Manager was written to manage Snort IDS sensors in a
distributed environment. This is done by having the ability to take the
text configuration and rule files and allow you to modify them with an
easy to use Graphical interface. With the added ability to merge new
rule sets, manage pre/post processors and scp rules to sensors. This
tool makes managing snort easy for most security professionals.
Here are a few of the changes/additions in version 1.2:
* View a Policy group in a list view
* Event logging to NT Application Log
* Added verbose logging to IDSPM log
* Support for both Unix and Windows file formats
* Open the Full Policy in Notepad
* Ability to change password on multiple Sensors at once
* Use custom upload scripts
* Quick Rules update
* Support for Snort.org Reference Database
+Many other changes and fixes...
You can get IDS Policy Manager at: