RE: More MSSP Questions

From: Greg Shipley (gshipley@neohapsis.com)
Date: 02/18/02

Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 22:01:49 -0600 (CST)
From: Greg Shipley <gshipley@neohapsis.com>
To: Ralph Los <RLos@enteredge.com>

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Ralph Los wrote:

> For your sake as an R&D company...I hope a lot of the VC money
> doesn't sink these MSSP's...you'll be out of a job - well, I guess it
> depends, but it would be a fair guess that would hurt your business model,
> no?

Er, not sure I follow...how would the death of MSSPs put me out of a job?
Heck, how would it even affect us? Most of our customers are mid to
large-sized organizations that have been dealing with security issues long
before MSSP models were a reality. We compliment their internal staff,
and perform testing on products (for public and private consumption).

Let's put it this way, as long as people are buying products, and as long
as they have information security needs, we should be ok. :)

> Anyway - I work for an MSSP, and we're privately funded (read: no
> VC) and we're profitable within 6 months....based in Atlanta, GA.

Cool - I think you are probably one of the minorities though. How large
is the organization?

-Greg