Snort internals

From: ndesai01@tampabay.rr.com
Date: 01/01/02

Date: 1 Jan 2002 02:47:52 -0000
From: <ndesai01@tampabay.rr.com>
To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com

I thought that snort only used a two dimentional linked
list for the rule matching in the detection engine. I
read Marty's presentation at BlackHat and he states
that snort now uses a 3 dimentional linked list. Can
any one please explain this to me or point me to
some documentation on this. Thanks.

Neil

Relevant Pages

  • WIFI cards for core 2
    ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... snort with it. ... Will a orinoco gold work??? ... To unsubscribe: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Snort + (OpenBSD or Linux)
    ... Snort + ... > on the same packet. ... pattern matching -> we use a fast pattern matcher, ... design calls for a much more streamlined detection engine, ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Snort + (OpenBSD or Linux)
    ... Snort + ... >> on the same packet. ... > 2.0 design calls for a much more streamlined detection engine, ... of your signature engine for the Prelude hybryde IDS ...
    (Focus-IDS)