RE: Nokia command-line scripting

From: Scott Brown (sbrown15@lucent.com)
Date: 12/17/01

From: Scott Brown <sbrown15@lucent.com>
To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com, 'Charley Lingerfelt' <charley@overture.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 07:27:01 -0600

I would like to thank all of the people that responded to my request.
 With your assistance I was able to come up with the following.

I found the below commands issues at the command line will accomplish
the desired results of starting the pre-installed ISS RealSecure
packages on a Nokia 650 without using the Voyager system. These two
commands enable the RealSecure product and start the sensor(s) and
daemon on the appliance while also saving the request to the database
in the event or a restart. Upon issuing the commands below, I
rechecked multiple times via Voyager and the PS command to insure the
product was doing what I wanted. Both showed the correct ISS
processes running, and the (*) ON section under managed packages menu
for ISS was checked.

The commands are:

#dbset dynamic:pkgadd:/opt/ISS t
#dbset :save

or

#dbset dynamic:pkgadd:/opt/ISS t;dbset :save

Hope this helps others looking to do the same. I have not yet tested
if one deletes the command and issues a save it the processes will
stop or not.

Thank You

Scott Brown