RE: Cisco "String Signature" oddity...

From: Christian Williams (williamsc@sc.wareonearth.com)
Date: 11/29/01

From: "Christian Williams" <williamsc@sc.wareonearth.com>
To: "Mark Amos" <mark.amos@toast.net>, <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Cisco "String Signature" oddity...
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:14:15 -0500

Mark,

Here's an link from Cisco's last IDS Bulletin where you can see how to
create custom string sigs. I highly recommend signing up for this bulletin
as Cisco also uses it for attack signature update notifications.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids6/index.htm

Regards,

Christian Williams
Network Security Engineer
WareOnEarth Communications, Inc.
mailto: williamsc@sc.wareonearth.com
office: 843-218-5306
mobile: 843-296-6654
http://www.wareonearth.com

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Cisco "String Signature" oddity...
    ... Subject: Cisco "String Signature" oddity... ... Here's a great link, with documentation, to cisco's web site. ... doesn't appear to be a document describing what the regular expression ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: Cisco "String Signature" oddity...
    ... Subject: Cisco "String Signature" oddity... ... > doesn't appear to be a document describing what the regular expression ... > IDS regular expression syntax. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Get regular expression
    ... own tree structure. ... Expression compares a string character-by character, ... regular expression solution, which was about as close as one could get to ... the structure of the hierarchy can be inferred by using ...
  • Re: Get regular expression
    ... regular expression solution, which was about as close as one could get to ... first string. ... explode "ABLATION" and see subnodes of "ENDOMETRIAL ... "Heart 27.33/2" ...
  • Re: How do I evaluate a JSON response?
    ... There cannot be such a regular expression in ECMAScript as it does ... "7.8.4 String Literals". ... had two different kinds of character escape sequences in one character ... Prototype.js was written by people who don't know javascript for people ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)