Re: IDS Sensor on ATM

From: Carlos Macedo Gomes (gomes@navigo.com)
Date: 10/10/01

From: "Carlos Macedo Gomes" <gomes@navigo.com>
To: "Greg Shipley" <gshipley@neohapsis.com>, "Eela Sharma" <eelas@in.niksun.com>
Subject: Re: IDS Sensor on ATM
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:13:30 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Shipley" <gshipley@neohapsis.com>
To: "Eela Sharma" <eelas@in.niksun.com>
Cc: <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>; "Jose Carlos Faial"
<faial@rio-de-janeiro.sns.slb.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 12:04 PM

> On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Eela Sharma wrote:
>
> > > I am not aware about any NIDS that can monitor traffic on a ATM
> > > network. Anyone?
> >
> > Yes, Niksun's NetDetector (NIDS) can record and monitor ATM Traffic.
>
> I believe Enterasys' Dragon can handle ATM, as well. However, I thought
> Niksun's device was more of forensics tool (traffic capture/replay) then a
> NIDS device?
>
> -Greg

Enterasys Dragon does support ATM. The latest product code that I've seen
for the appliance is DS007 (where DS003 is the (Gigbit?) Ethernet Dragon
Sensor appliance and DS001 is the Dragon Sensor software). Dragon also has
high marks in 3rd party and IMHO high bandwitdth tests ;-)

regards,
C.G.

--
gomes@navigo.com
Carlos Macedo Gomes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IDS Sensor on ATM
    ... Subject: IDS Sensor on ATM ... Niksun's NetDetector (NIDS) can record and monitor ATM Traffic. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: IDS Sensor on ATM
    ... Subject: IDS Sensor on ATM ... Are you talking about ATM LAN or ATM WAN as they are different. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: UKRM-London branch drinks evening: 25th May 2007
    ... I think the call will either be Dragon or Bar ... we can always walk up to Bar Kick later for a couple of ... If things remain as they are ATM I may be able to make it along early ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: IDS Sensor on ATM
    ... Subject: IDS Sensor on ATM ... Niksun's NetDetector can record and monitor ATM Traffic. ... NIDS device? ...
    (Focus-IDS)